Looking for a way to spice up your burgers? Try Food & Wine’s Crunchy Pork Kimchi Burgers. I had this last night with a salad for dinner and it was perfectly YUM!
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 large garlic clove, minced
2 scallions, minced
1 pound ground pork
3/4 cup finely chopped kimchi
All-purpose flour, for dusting
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs), lightly crushed
Vegetable oil, for frying
Two 5-ounce bags baby spinach
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
1. In a bowl, combine the ginger, garlic, scallions, pork and kimchi with 1 teaspoon of salt. Form the mixture into eight 3-inch patties, 1/2 inch thick. Dust the patties with flour.
2. Put the eggs and panko in 2 shallow bowls. Dip the patties in the egg and then in the panko, pressing to help the crumbs adhere.
3. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 inch of vegetable oil. Add the patties and fry over moderate heat, turning, until golden and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
4. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the oil in the skillet. Add the spinach in batches, season with salt and cook over high heat until wilted, about 1 minute.
5. In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sesame oil and soy sauce. Mound the spinach on plates and top with the burgers. Drizzle with the sauce, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.